Tuesday 30 September 2014

Example of aesthetically pleasing piece of work from Y2


Second year visual work analysis:




Throughout the second year I felt that one of my weaker areas as a designer included a poor rendering technique. As such I worked to experiment with Sketchup Plug-in programmes, post modelling Photoshop manipulation and importing hand rendered textures.

The above portrays a selection of vignettes that accompanied a design for a RNLI memorial garden.

I feel that the presentation is crisp and uncluttered. It lacks warmth that could be achieved by including in-situ background images and by hand rendering after completing the images on pc.

Another problem with the images is the number of people using the space and how 2d some of the planting looks. Next time I plan not to use the 'face me' function in sketchup but cris-cross the 2d textures to create a smaller more 3d plant. Increasing the number of people using the space would make it feel more used and alive.














No comments:

Post a Comment