Sunday 9 November 2014

New Skills merging with everyday with project management

New Skills merging with everyday with project management

I am slowly finding that I have a more diverse palate and appetite for learning new skills and utilising them to become more involved at work. 

For instance the below design for a project would have previously been outsourced but now I am able to utilise my honed skill-set to help me get more involved on a base level. 

This hasn't proven to aid my profit margins but it does give me a bigger sense of pride and investment in a project. It also enables me to really steer the company to produce larger and more detailed gardens. In addition to the AutoCAD and Photoshop work I have been completing I have also been completing more and more hand sketch concepts on site which proves to be much quicker and universally beneficial for myself and the clients. 


AutoCAD documents produced and honed by me:







Here are some sketches and hand drawings for  some bespoke railings we are installing in a property in Eltham. I researched the property's period (Victorian) and tried to represent the heritage of the house whilst designing a new and interesting railing for its perimiter. In the end the first image was chosen as a design and we dropped the gate. Its now just iron panels caulked into sandstone capping on a yellow London brick wall. Photo to follow when the project is completed (estimated completion date 20th January) 









No comments:

Post a Comment