Friday 6 March 2015

Shadow Play

Experimenting with shadows and frost pockets accross Thamesmead site.


I have been experimenting with 3d modelling techniques to view a basic shadow coverage provided by the buildings which line my site. Due to the urban make up of my area tall buildings are a large factor. Not only for channelling wind but creating shadows and frost pockets too. See below the model I created when working out my planting scheme and plan
.









Indeed whilst working and playing with Sketchup Pro 2013 I have discovered:

·         That right-hand clicking a component enables one to swap the component and all other same components for another component.
·         That after selecting an object I want to move I can dictate the axis line it will move along using the directional arrow keys.


Both these new skills have been hugely useful and boosted my productivity.

No comments:

Post a Comment